Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Fun Two Days!

I know I just posted a lot of pictures a few days ago, but since I love to take pictures SO much, I thought I would share a few more! The weather in Colorado lately, while still a little chilly in the mornings, has been fantastic! We love spending time outside, taking walks, playing at the playground, etc. Yesterday we enjoyed coffee with Daddy before work, took a nice walk home (we all drove to the coffee shop with the stroller in the car), and had a fun dinner with our good friends/neighbors the Sartells. Today, was also a great day! Matt was home and not working...finally!! Since starting his own CPA firm, he has been a busy guy and not home as much as we would like, but the Saturday work days are over for this year and we had a great family day!! We walked to Starbucks and met a little girl that was 4 days younger than Madison, then we stopped at the park to play, I read outside and took a bike ride (alone!) while Madison napped and Matt played his new video game (silly boy fun:) ), and finally we walked downtown for a yummy pizza dinner and ice cream! Madison has only tried ice cream once before and this time she loved it even more! She wished she could have had one of her own, so we gave her half on an empty cake cone with nothing in it :) Such a great few days! We so love where we live!
Walking into the coffee shop yesterday morning...the sweater that Madison is wearing was hand knitted for her by a good neighbor friend of the Fargos, Pam. Thanks Pam! Madison loves it and we will send a hard copy of this picture your way! (Grandpa and Grandma Fargo, could you pass this message onto Pam?)
Smiley girl walking home from the coffee shop
Madison thought it was SO funny that she got up on the couch and couldn't stop laughing :)
Last night we had a fun dinner with our good friends the Sartells. Bethany and I made lettuce wraps and dumplings. It was still a lot of work, but not as crazy as our last sushi idea :) We are determined to find an easier dinner idea next time :) This picture is of Quinn and Madison playing in the dog bowls. Bethany and I were trying to snap a picture of the girls without them looking at us, but Quinn quickly saw the camera and Madison was too into sticking her hand into the dog water...we had to stop that real quickly :) Yuck!
Today on our way home from Starbucks we stopped at the park, and Madison loved crawling through the orange tunnel and playing peek-a-boo with us.
So happy!
Yes, that is Ellie climbing up the top stairs to the highest slide that the playground has...crazy dog! She never actually went down the slide but she sure had fun being a part of the action!
Madison thought it was so funny that Ellie was on the play structure, so she stared to chase her
Going down the slide...it was actually a pretty fast one and Madison had such a good time! Little did we know though until it was too late, but the slide was a little wet at the bottom...oops...it didn't seem to bother Madison at all and the diaper definitely protected her booty from getting wet.
"I'm ready to go down daddy! Catch me mommy, but not until you put away that camera!"
Mommy and Madison
Climbing through more tunnels
Trotting like a troll across the bridge! Love that book!
Of course, she's trying to go up the slide :) Luckily we were the only people there, so we let her try it out
Her wet little booty from the slide :)
Swinging is fun!
Swinging with mommy
Taking a bite of daddy's ice cream...yummy!
I tried to get a picture of all three of us, but my arm would not reach far enough to really get us all in...this is the best I could do. Madison is eating her empty cone here :)
Look at that face!!! She looks so mad and maybe a bit confused :) This chocolate mustache was all from one small bit of daddy's ice cream...I think she got more than we would have like! Oh well, she had fun and we had an awesome family day!!

1 comment: