Thursday, January 13, 2011

Melanie's 30th Birthday Weekend in Las Vegas!

Last week, January 9th, I turned 30...yikes! I hear from almost everybody that the 30s are better than the 20s, so bring it on! I'm ready! For the big day, Matt surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas and my parents watched Madison for the weekend...our first time away from her. While it was very wierd to be without her and we missed her terribly, I have to admit that it was nice to focus on us again and have a little break. We also knew that Madison was in good hands and having a great time! While in Vegas, Matt and I enjoyed visiting all the amazing hotels, eating world class food, walking The Strip, drinking great wine while enjoy the incredible views, and pulling a few slots (not many though...we are not gamblers). Overall, we had a great trip and I had a wonderful 30th birthday!


Cesar's Palace...a HUGE hotel with great shopping!

One of the bakerys that we walked by had these amazing little desserts...we shared a chocolate one!

Pulling my one slot!

Birthday morning...ready to walk The Strip.

One of Vegas' new hotels is called City Center. It's actually a cluster of 3 hotels and this was some of the amazing decor in the Cosmo hotel. Vegas hotels are incredible to look at!!

Outside the Bellagio...see my extra wrinkles that 30 gave me?!?

We had lunch at one of Wolfgang Puck's many Vegas resturants...it was in the Venitian hotel and we got to enjoy lunch in "Italy"

Watching the gondolier rides in "Venice"

Such a cheesy picture, but I had too...holding up the BIG 3-0

Right before sunset we went to the Eiffle Tower Resturant and sat at the bar which overlooked The STrip and the Bellagio Hotel fountain show. It was an incredible view, we talked with a nice couple, and enjoyed great wine...it was so relaxing! Not a care in the world!

The fountain show

Watching the fountains as the sun set

"The Eiffle Tower" at night

"Italy" at night

My Vegas present...

We stayed at the New York New York hotel...its amazing! We were too scared to ride the roller coster, but we had a great view of it and The Strip from our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment