Well, I finally got the BIG post up (the last one about the holidays), so now I can finally get back to regular, shorter posts that don't take you an hour to read...promise I won't do that to you again :)
Our 2012 so far has been filled with fun and new 1sts, but also a scary time in the hospital with Madison. She is definitely on the road to recovery and we are so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers. Without going into too much detail, because I dont really want to re-live those days again, Madison was admitted to the hospital this past Tuesday with viral pneumonia. It was a very sad and scary time for us, but again, Madison is on the recovering and is going to be just fine! She is already acting more like herself, but she is still a little congested and is not back to normal eating yet. The doctor says that it will take some time for her to fully recover but she is doing remarkably better. We have a follow up doctors appointment on Monday and she still needs a little time to rest and get back on track. We have been hanging pretty low and trying to catch up on hours of lost sleep. Unfortunately, I am now sick...ugh! Thank you again though to everyone for their kindness, phone calls, food, flowers, and prayers. It means a lot to us.
On a different note, Madison had her first haircut (more like a quick trim because she didn't have too much hair to start...we just wanted to make it a little more even) and Madison went to the Stockshow Rodeo for the first time. Madison did a great job getting her hair cut and sat so still, it was impressive for a first haircut! She also really enjoyed the rodeo and loved seeing all the animals.

Thank you to my dear friend Sarah for a wonderful girls night out for dinner and dessert to celebrate my 31st birthday!

On my actual birthday, Matt and I had an evening out alone (THANK YOU Drew and Bethany!!) for sushi and drinks by the fire at the St. Julien. My co-workers also brought in lunch and a cake, which was a fun surprise! And on Sunday (the day before my birthday) Drew, Bethany, and Quinn had us over for a birthday brunch following church. It was a great birthday!

Cool kids (Elliot and Madison) hangin' out in the Barbie Jeep!
Madison's 1st haircut at Tapestry!
Such a good girl
Just a tiny trim :)
"I love it!"
You look beautiful sweetie...and so grown up!
We of course saved the hair, but it wasn't much :)
Checking out all the horses with daddy
We had a great time at the Stock Show
Such a natural cowgirl!
This picture breaks my heart :( This is the only picture that I will show of the not so good moments though...
The beautiful view outside our window
A happier girl!
On the day she was discharged, Madison was definitely a little more upbeat and even pretended that her bed was a slide, with tubes on and all!
And she's up and running! "Go faster daddy!!"
Keeping her busy and happy...she was SO ready to get out of there!
The only thing she would really eat...a fewfrench fries! Not even the ice cream next to her...whose kid is she?!
Discharge day! "I'm out of here dudes!!"
Go Madison! Stay well precious baby <3
ReplyDelete