Well, we are finally back! It's been quite a while since our last post, but we have been very busy to say the least! Moving and a trip to New York have kept us quite occupied! Through all the craziness though, we have still been enjoying summer and our new home!
This post and these pictures are very bittersweet for me to write/show...I am writing it from our new home which we are loving and are very happy in, however I dearly miss our friends on Hoover. We are not even a mile away from them, but its just different not being so close (you would think with how dramatic I am though that we moved out fo the country!!) :) It was the right time and right move for our family but saying goodbye to our first home and dear friends & neighbors was very hard. I was quite the emotional wreck on for a few days and while happy now, I often think about Hoover :( The move and closing on our new home were slightly hectic, however all is well now and we are looking forward to creating many new happy memories in our new home.
*Pictures are out of time order, sorry! Had so many to upload!

:( Many good memories were made here!
We moved in as a family of 2 and are moving out a family of 4 (Matt, Mel, Madison, and Ellie)
"Oh please dont move this table...I'm not ready to go!" While this is what this picture looks like, Madison's transition throughout the move and into our new house has been seamless...you would never know that anything has changed for her. She is happy, sleeping well, eating well, and is her same silly self! We are very blessed to have such an easy going, flexible child!
Playing outside with Quinn on Hoover move out day (Saturday)
The girls had so much fun playing with bubbles
Last playdate at Hoover with Quinn...fortunately, there will be MANY more playdates...these girls are friends forever!
Last playdate at Hoover with Elliot....MANY more with Elliot too...these kids will probably get married :)
See, I told you! :)
Snuggles with Amanda...I love the way that Madison is looking at her
Playing around in her room as we are packing it up
A closer up picture
Last night in Hoover :(
It's all the little things to pack up that are such a pain! The big boxes were the easy part, but boy, the baskets of stuff were everywhere!
A picture after the moving trucks had left and it was all cleared out...looks so weird!
Madison's empty room...I think this made me the most sad :(
We apparently did not realize how much stuff we had, so in addition to the moving truck ,we also had 2 smaller trailers! Yikes! Time to get rid of a lot!! This was Madison in one of the trailers.
We closed on Monday the 18th on both houses, so we had to be out of Hoover the weekend before so we were set to close on Monday morning. For the two days that we were "homeless", we stayed up in Evergreen with my parents...thanks Mom and Dad! This is Madison, Daddy, and Nana headed up the driveway for a walk.
My parents house in Evergreen
Riding on Daddy's shoulders
Silly Papa!
Back to Hoover on Sunday to close up shop and for one last walk down memory lane...I'm SO cheesy!! Ellie and Matt in the backyard.
One last little plie to the dump and moving the trailers, then we're done
Not sure that the new owners would like this, but we had to do it! In the basement storage closet (not an area anyone would really see) we wrote this on the wall just so that the house always knew we were there and that it had a special place in our hearts...another cheesy thing I did in my emotional state!
We will miss you Hoover! Thanks for all the great memories...
At the closing table for Hoover....Matt was clearly more excited than I was...it was all I could do to stop crying. I was determined not to cry at that table, and I did well until I handed over the keys...
At the closing table for Mulberry...excited here too, even though things were hectic for a while!
Welcome Mulberry!!

Those movers worked so hard!!

Thanks Taylor Moving!!

A big shopping trip to Target!

One of the many things we love about our new house is that the Elementary school is directly behind us. Madison is loving that aspect and frequently asks to go to the slide and swing! Its so close now and its great!

First bath/night in Mulberry

First walk from Mulberry...Matt does not look too thrilled that I am taking another picture!

Silly girl! Playing out front in the car

First family dinner outside our new home
**More posts to come soon...pictures from Kauai (oops! still behind on this one), our New York trip, and more summer pictures to come**
We miss having you on Hoover :( but your new home is amazing and we're only a bike ride away!
ReplyDelete-Amanda